Exemplory case of comparison essay the theory is that of literature: the essential difference between classicism and sentimentalism
Literature is a unique type of art that helps to know the present-day history and also to understand how the primary tendencies of social development in past times were created.
Write about formation of designs at the start of essay
The aesthetics of classicism, which developed in Western European culture during the end of the seventeenth century, determined the ideological content of literary works, the strict system of poetic rules while the principles of plot construction, reflecting the thought of orderliness and excellence for the universe, nature and culture.
The “sensitive” literature of sentimentalism that emerged within the second half regarding the eighteenth century was designed to teach and educate on examples and images that cause empathy, which awakens high feelings, guided by the proven fact that all evil could be overcome.
Inside our literary works as much as the start of the XIX century, classicism and sentimentalism developed, complementing each other and pursuing the same goal: in order to make society perfect, by affirming the rational principles of morality as well as the rules of human behavior. Techniques to achieve this goal within the philosophy of classicism were thought as the assertion associated with supremacy of order, form, hierarchy and had been according to an obvious division of creative designs and genres. The theorists of classicism paid special attention to drama and poetry. Epic poems and tragedies where the foundation of this plot has long been important historical activities, and actors – the gods and strongest of the world, demanded a lofty poetic composition, ruled spatial turns. These were caused by the “high” genre.
The spoken language and stylistically lowered pictures could only be contained in satires, fables and comedies, which fixed the definition of “low” genres. Obligatory observance of the unity of the time, place, action and rules of constructing tragedy and drama with visibility, zygote, development of action, culmination and resolution limited the likelihood of stage-based discovery of images, but emphasized the inviolability of order, the text of cause and effect, clarity expression of the primary idea of the job. Sentimentalism allowed more freely to utilize the means of artistic expression. Attention to household details, a description of psychological experiences, the image regarding the inner world of man along with his closeness to nature demanded and new literary forms. The epistolary genre, sentimental novel, travel notes come in the literature. The introduction of sentimentalism greatly expanded the possibilities of artistic prose and caused it to be more democratic: the interest of both article writers and readers had been the fate of a regular individual, clear, near, causing interest and compassion.
In closing of essay give brief comparison of designs
Thus software to avoid plagiarism, the essential difference between classicism and sentimentalism is really as follows:
- The main topic of the image into the works of classicism are very important, meaningful activities that determine the fate of someone who is obliged to obey the established order additionally the determined program of events.
- In the heart of attention of authors – sentimentalists – the inner realm of heroes, effective at deeply feel and experience.
- Classicism is really a literary trend in which the basis associated with the artistic method may be the division of works into “high”, “medium” and “low” genres.
- Sentimentalism does not have such a division, because its task would be to teach the sensory faculties, using a wide range of visual opportinity for this purpose.
- The primary genres of classicism are the epic poem, tragedy, ode, drama, heroic story, comedy, satire and fable.
- Genres characteristic of sentimentalism certainly are a novel, letters, diaries, travel notes.
- Classicalism argued educational a few ideas in line with the subordination of personal feelings of debt to society.
- Representatives of sentimentalism considered the inner world of heroes as a harmonious whole.
- They believed that educating an individual, you are able to enhance the whole society.